Interested in working on an innovative product in energy?
Sunfolding is passionate about creating real and lasting change in the energy landscape by rethinking solar technology. Our solar tracker emerged from years of work with ARPA-E, and our team pulls from a talented group of solar industry veterans with a history of building products with big impact.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent medical, vision, and dental coverage, 401K, and access to our in-house 2500 sq. ft modern prototyping shop.
Please send your resume, references to projects, and a short cover letter about why you’re interested to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
The individual filling this position will be responsible for evolving high volume manufacturing processes of tracker structural components. They will be responsible for the full component lifecycle from conceptual design through production. Responsibilities will include communicating with suppliers and supply chain to implement components, supporting the Quality and Reliability teams during product qualification, and supporting customers through product implementation. Additional design responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, electronics enclosures and assemblies, pneumatic systems and components and other mechanical devices. Solidworks is the primary CAD tool to be used, but experience with Autocad, Ansys and Solidworks Wire Routing packages are a plus.
- Required: Minimum 8 years of experience in mechanical engineering role
- Required: Strong experience in implementation of high volume manufacturing tooling
- Desired: Solar industry experience. Tracking experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Structural engineering or related field
Ideal candidate will demonstrate some or all of the following:
- Expert knowledge of manufacturing processes, specifically roll forming, metal stamping, die casting, injection molding, blow molding and rubber and plastic extrusion
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with suppliers to execute complex product development and tooling programs
- Exceptional knowledge and operational skill with Solidworks. Experience with Autocad, Ansys and Solidworks Wire Routing packages are a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of and competence in application of engineering principle and practices
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of design for manufacturability
- Knowledge of US building codes and standards as they relate to structural steel building and cold-formed steel parts
- Proven written and oral communication skills to convey information to technical and non-technical colleagues
- Ability to effectively prioritize a multitude of tasks to enable rapid program completion
- Ability to communicate task status for program management and project scheduling
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office and Google Docs programs
- Working knowledge of GD&T
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Own and drive specific development and cost reduction programs
- Perform prototype development, assembly and implementation in support of engineering programs
- Develop 2D drawings and 3D models for vendor, construction, and engineering use, using SolidWorks
- Perform basic financial analysis to evaluate cost impact of design decisions
- Create and maintain design documentation in PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) software, following configuration management and revision management procedures
- Interface with company and business representatives
- Review cross functional engineering drawings/designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards
- Generate renderings, schematics for installation documents, assembly manuals, patent illustrations, concept presentations, etc